Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Lesson Learned

I went running today for the first time in over two years. (Ok...there was a lot of walking involved.) I made one huge mistake though. I didn't eat first. When I got home I was struggling to breathe and sick to my stomach. To help with the breathing, I took a hot shower hoping the steam would open my asthmatic lungs. Then, I ate some soup. Then, I threw up the soup. I felt queezy and light headed for quite a while after that. I tried eating a candy cane. (Yes, there was still on e in the house. Don't judge.) It helped a bit with the light head, but not the tummy. Finally, I gave in and made myself a hamburger on toast hoping it didn't make it worse. I feel SO much better now. What did I learn from this? Don't run on an empty stomach. (I'll eat something lite first next time.)

1 comment:

  1. yeah, load up on protein first. I mad that same mistake once.

    ReplyDelete