Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Slowest 5K Ever

Last night, the husband and I went to the gym to run a 5K on the treadmill. I figured that if we are going to be running a 10K in less than 2 months, we needed to get serious and start at half the distance. This was a good idea and a bad idea at the same time. I was so SLOW. It took me 73 minutes to finish it. I was only able to run for a minute and a half at a time. How embarrassing is that? Last September I finished a 10K where I only slowed down for a drink. I had told myself that I was going to run faster than Chad the next time we did a race together. Well, that is not going to happen at the rate I am going. He has an active job, and I sit at a desk all day. He is not quite up to the fitness level we were at last year, and I am not even up to the fitness level I was this time last year. UGH!
I will not give up, though. First of all, we have already paid for the race on Memorial Day. Second of all, we have also already paid for a half-marathon in September. Third, I love running. I only stopped because it was so cold and going to the gym is not as convenient as I would like it to be (really it is 10 minutes away, and I am a baby about going out once I get home from work).  It is time to stop making excuses. I want to finish the 10k with dignity. I, also, want to finish the half marathon. Honestly, I am secretly hoping that I will have some kind of cheering section while I run or at least at the end. (Is that a bit vain...probably.)

1 comment:

  1. I'd be there cheering for you! I'd even run next to you... until you passed me up in the first five minutes. I don't run. Like, at all. That'd make you feel good! haha

    ReplyDelete