Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Trying Again

I am determined to run a half marathon this year. I tried last year, but the race I signed up for was canceled a few days before the event. This time I have signed up for one that has been going on for a few years instead of one that was going to the be inaugural run by a small company.
For my training, I am starting with a 5K training plan to get myself back in shape. (I haven't been doing much running for the past few months because of the cold.) When I am done with that 10 week plan, I will move on to the half marathon plan from the same book. I really think that by following these plans I will not only be ready for the half marathon, I will also be able to get faster and be in better health than I have been in for a long time.
Along with this training, I am changing the way I eat. I know I can't make any drastic changes all at once, but I am making changes now. I have written down my plan for what I will eat for breakfast and lunch each day for the next week. It is in a notebook where I am keeping track of my daily and weekly goals. I am hoping I can lose weight by following the plan that I make. I will continually reassess as I learn more from books and podcasts that I listen to.

3 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!! I'll be happy if I can get a 5k under my belt! Well, I've walked one, before, but running... ha. What book trains you for that in 10 weeks? (I might have to check it out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book I have is "Train Like a Mother." I am sure there are others out there, but I love the podcast by these ladies so I asked for the book for Christmas a while back. It has 5K, 10K, half, and full marathon plans in it as well as some great advise. I only have two running books. This is my favorite of the two.

    ReplyDelete