Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Week 3 Day 3


 I know I skipped day 2. Thursday was a crazy day. I take a walk with my friend and our dogs after work on Thursdays. Then, I had to pick up Noel and stop at the store on the way home. We got home just in time for me to have my class Zoom. During that, I had my camera off as I got ready and drove to a work dinner. Finally, the work dinner was 3 hours, and I didn’t get him until about 10. I was exhausted! I didn’t run. 

Today was day 3 of week three on my plan: warmup 3 minutes, run/walk for 2 miles, cooldown 3 minutes. It wasn’t too bad, for the most part. I went up into the neighborhood next to mine, back into my neighborhood, past the elementary school, and home. I realize about half a mile in that I had talked about changing my intervals but wasn’t sure I did. If I had, it still wasn’t quite right. Forty seconds of walking seemed too long, so I changed it while I was walking. I am now running for 35 set and walking for 35 seconds. It feels about right. I may need to extend the run time a bit. I love that I get to listen to my body and decide what works best for me. I know the intervals will continue to change as I train. I can’t imagine speeding up and slowing down this often during a marathon, but I think it will work for the Turkey Trot and ColderBolder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment