Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Friday, September 22, 2017

Interesting Week


I have had an interesting week so far. I found an article in Women's Day from a year or two ago with a list of suggested meals to help lose weight. This is the first time I have looked at one of these lists and though, "I can do this." Since my kids choose most of the dinners in my house (the best way to get them to eat what is made), I decided that I would plan breakfast and lunch for the week. I have been able to follow it so far. I am honestly a bit surprised, but I think I was just ready for this change.
One big thing that I have noticed is that I am fuller longer. I have been shocked that I have been eating what looks like less food, but haven't been been starving when I get home from work. Along with this, I have been able to stay under the 1800 calories per day that the doctor has recommended.
One other thing that has been noticeable is that I still have cravings for the foods I am used to eating. Last night we had hamburgers for dinner (my 15 year-old's night to choose). I grilled the burgers along with the turkey burgers for today's lunch (Chad is following the plan with me). When we sat down to eat, I had the plan to eat just one. I was full after one. Hamburgers are one of my weaknesses, though. I ate a second burger. Before I knew it, I was over my calorie count for the day despite staying under half of my goal prior to dinner.
I have a long way to go, but I know I can do this. The food scale is found and fixed. I will be making a simple exercise plan to go with my walking next week.
I am still hoping to be under 190 by the time I see the doctor October 16. I don't know if this is a realistic goal, but I am going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment