Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Saturday, June 15, 2024

118 Days

 

I have decided that I am not going to run the full marathon this year. I am going to run the half marathon at the same event. The more I thought about the marathon, the worse I felt. I am very out of shape and don't know if I can be marathon ready by the second week in October, but I'm fairly certain  that I can bring myself up to half marathon level by then. I was also worried about the cutoff of 6 hours. Even if I could finish a marathon, I am a very slow runner and could not complete it in that time. I believe I can finish the half in 5, though. I feel very confident about this decision. 

Today, I set out to run 3 miles and failed miserably. I wore new running shorts that had a bit too much compression. By the time I finished the first mile, my feet felt very heavy. I struggled to even walk, but I knew I had to make it home. After all, there was no one that could pick me up if I quit because Chad is at work and the kids are camping with their grandparents. I gave up trying after a mile and a half and just walked home. I have a 5K to run with my daughter next week. My plan is to run the distance each of my training runs during the coming week. I need next Saturday to be something to judge my progress. I'm hoping I am faster than I was the last one I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment