Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Thursday, June 6, 2024

127 Days



There are 127 days until Chad and I run a marathon. What am I doing to prepare? I’m following a training plan I found in a book. When I run, I am running for most of the son playing and walking at the beginning of each song. I have a long way to go and hope the plan I got out of one of my running books will get me to the finish line on race day before the cut off. 

Today, I ran 40 minutes which equaled about 2.4 miles. (Like I said, I am far from marathon ready.) at the beginning, it felt awful. I didn’t understand why it felt so much worse than it did Monday. Then, I looked at my watch and realized I was going faster. With that in mind, I was better able to enjoy my time running. 

I’m honestly a bit worried about this process, but I am excited to see what I can accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment