Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Sunday, July 7, 2013

More Please

 
I need to workout more. I have only been running every three days for a few days. Not really anything else. This is not a good thing. When I work out I am more likely to eat better because I don't want to ruin the work I just did.
For a little while I was working out in the morning by my self and doing something with the kids (or at least my daughter) at night. I don't totally know why I stopped working out at night other than I just didn't feel like I had the time or I felt like it was taking away from the time I actually got with my kids somehow.
As far as not working out in the mornings on the days I don't run, that is just laziness. (It is far easier to stay in bed for another hour than it is to get up, get ready to work out, and get outside and ride my bike.) I was also feeling discouraged and stubborn. I kept saying to myself, "If I can't do the work out that I really want to do, then I won't work out at all."
Yesterday and today, I got up and got ready and went for a bike ride. It was only about three and a half miles, but I did it. I felt good when I was done. I felt motivated to do more.
I am going to do more. This is the start of a new week. I have yesterday and today done with five days to go. I will do some kind of work out (run, ride a bike, exercise videos, etc.) every day this week. There is no reason to ruin the hard work that I put in last month. I have a head start. I want to build on that and reach my fitness goals.

1 comment: