Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Saturday, December 16, 2023

22 Minute Easy Run -NRC

 


Today, I did a 22 minute easy run through the Nike Run Club app that u have on my phone and watch. This is the app I use to train for the half-marathon I ran with Chad in 2021. I am currently doing a beginner program to help me get going again. After all, I need to be marathon ready by October, and it will be here before I know it. 

My run was good. I knew going in that the focus of this app was to run the allotted time from start to finish not intervals. That made it a bit more challenging, but that’s what I wanted. I am happy to say that I ran 8 minutes nonstop before I had to walk. At this point, I walked for 2 minutes before I started running for 1 minute and walking for 30 seconds for the rest of the run. When I got to 18 minutes 30 seconds, I ran for the next minute and a half thinking that I was only going 20 minutes. Then the trainer chimed in with a 2 minute reminder, and I knew I couldn’t make it without a walk break. I walked for 30 more seconds and ended with a minute and a half running around my cul-de-sac. I was tired when I was done but felt accomplished. This is why I run, to feel that sense of accomplishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment