Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Thursday, December 28, 2023

35 Minute Long Run -NRC


Today was my first long run as I prepare for my marathon in October. As an added bonus, I was able to use 2 of my Christmas presents, running gloves and bone conduction headphones. I am still working with the starter program on the Nike Run Club app. I have also decided to use what I have learned from Galloway by using the run/walk method. I can feel myself becoming a stronger runner and am liking the coaching advice given as I go. 

My run today was a 35 minute long run with 1 minute run and 30 second walk intervals. For the most part, this run felt great. There was a bit in the middle that the chips and nacho cheese I had with dinner was not agreeing with the exercise, so I walked for about 2 minutes. I also ran down any hills that I could (hills are relative when one lives this far from the mountains). I am happy to say that I didn’t ever feel a pain in my right arm and shoulder like I have been when I run for the past few months. I am hoping that means I’m getting healthier rather than it being a fluke. 

My next run should be a 10 minute run. I only have a few weeks left before I need to choose a new plan. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment