Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

“First” Speed Run - NRC

 

I did my first speed workout in a long time today. Really, it was kind of like what I have been doing with the run/walk intervals. I did it with the “coaching” from the Nike Run Club app. I started with a 5 minute warm up with 1 minute of running and 1 minute of walking 8 times followed by 30 seconds of all out running and a 2 minute cool down. The app really only counts the time during the intervals. 

This run felt good! It was supposed to be done on a track, but I didn’t feel like driving to one. The parking lot at the local elementary school worked just fine. I loved being able to gage how much further I was able to go with each interval. One thing that was discouraging was that in the seventh interval the coach kept talking about how it was the hardest one. It made it feel harder than it should have felt. 

My next run should be a 35 minute long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment