Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Not What I Expected

So far, since I decided I would do this work out jar, I have done four work outs. I took the dogs for walks twice last week, and this week I have done a work out on the Xbox last night and tonight. I haven't even filled the bottom of my jar yet. This is going to be a lot harder than I expected.
The good news is that, for the most part, the exercise is rewarding. It was nice to go walking around the neighborhood and spend time with my husband so that we can pretend we know each other again (he has been working a lot of nights lately). He had an Xbox before we got married and showed me a game for working out he thought I would like. By golly, he was right (someone gets brownie points for knowing his wife)! The only complaint I have is that the darn thing thinks that I am actually fit already. When it told me I could squat lower tonight, I yelled at it. I told it that it knew I was fat and knew I chose the light beginner work outs. It didn't seem to care. It just kept telling me I could squat lower. Geez. I guess I better keep working on that. When I felt like giving up, I just reminded myself of the number I saw on the scale this morning and how disappointed I was that I had gained so much weight back in the last few months.
I know the workouts will start to get easier as I get stronger, and I will get slimmer as I do them. I need to get healthier so I can have a long life with my kids and husband. I have a goal weight in my head for the end of the week. I will get there if it kills me (it probably won't, but you never know)!

No comments:

Post a Comment