Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Trying it Again

I have been trying to change things a little bit at a time to lose weight. Most of the changes that I have made so far with my diet have been forced by my budget.( I have cut out fast food and most soda.) I lost one pound this week (I know that isn't much, but I will take it). I am hoping as I make more changes I will get more motivation and lose more weight.
Last year I starting a jar to motivate myself to exercise. I would put a macaroni noodle in the jar for every 5 minutes of exercise. The idea was that when the jar got full I would have a party. It was motivating until I accidentally knocked over the jar and spilled most of the macaroni. I was going to have to do all of that work again. I felt so discouraged that I just stopped working out and put up the jar.
I am going to start the jar back up again. I don't think I have the same jar anymore, but I have some empty jars. I am going to use a smaller jar. That way I can get motivation by seeing the jar actually fill up. When the jar is full, I am going to have a social gathering of some sort (most likely a healthy potluck dinner) at my house. I want to have at least 3 parties/dinners at my house by the time I get to my goal weight.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! I love the noodle jar idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea, too, because even if you don't lose any weight (which you will, by the way), you still get rewarded for making an effort. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete