Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Good and Bad

I had a good week in some ways, and a bad week in other ways. I completed week 2 of my Zombie training, but I had some some days when it came to controlling what I ate.
My eating this week was horrible. I have access to snacks at work, and, I have to admit, I took advantage of that. I had some stressful days, and I ate to deal with that. I didn't even realize how bad my stress eating was until this week. I successfully stayed away from soda and caffeine, though. I know that my eating definitely affected my workouts. I was more sluggish, so I was slower and didn't have the intensity that I know I can put into the workouts.
It was a difficult week for training. I didn't expect to be adding stupid heal lifts to my workout. I didn't expect to get shin splints, either. However, I worked though both. I successfully completed all of my week 2 walk/run workouts. I have to say, it was hard, but it is a victory because I completed them without giving up. I know week 3 will be harder, but I will not give up. I want a runners body, and that means putting in the work needed to get there.
As for as great news goes, I did my first mile walk for charity today. Chad and I did the Set the Pace for prostate cancer this morning. It was fun for the most part. I shins were killing me, but I got over it and would love to do it again next year except to the 5k run next time.f
Last bit of news, I swear. I got a beginner Yoga set of DVDs today on our way home from the event. I did the first workout on it. It was harder than I thought it would be, but I am going to add it to my night workouts with my daughter. I can't wait to see if she likes it as much as she likes Zumba!

1 comment:

  1. I want to try Zumba! I've heard it's so fun! Good for you for staying away from soda - that's a hard one. I keep forgetting until after I've already drank it. I think you'll like yoga - I feel like it's an internal massage of sorts. Exercise for the soul. ;) Keep going! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete