Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Zombies? Really?

 
I am still doing pretty good at getting out and exercising in the morning. I had decided last week that I was going to try to do two work outs a day. That wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. It is a bit more difficult to motivate myself on the weekends. I basically decided that I will focus on at least one work out those days.
 After only one work out Saturday and Sunday, Monday I only got one work out in as well. Last night, my daughter looked at me and asked what exercise I was going to do with her. Honestly, I wasn't planning on exercising. I was tired. She talked me into more Zumba (it really didn't take much convincing), and I was glad that she did. She is so silly when she does work out videos with me!
For my morning work outs I have started using an app on my phone to train. It is called, "Zombies, Run! 5K Training." It sync's to a website that shows the track that I ran/walked and the amount of time. I really like it! It incorporates running and walking with a Zombie story line. If I had music on my phone (I will be putting music on it asap), it would add it to the experience. I am doing this every other morning, and I plan to ride my bike on the alternating mornings. I started Monday, and I am doing great with it so far. I can tell I am getting stronger!
In other news, I have decided to drop caffeine and soda again. I had been told that it would be easier to do with some Vitamin water or Propel, so instead of my favorite drink in ever (Dr. Pepper) we got Propel during our regular grocery shopping on Saturday (it had more appealing choices in flavors and was less expensive). The first few days were difficult, but since most people that sit around me at work made this decision a while ago and my husband joined me in the effort, it makes it not so bad. Hopefully, I can keep it up longer. Today will be day 5. Last time I made it for 9 days. I will make it longer this time. I really need to live healthier!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving following you on your journey, this time. It has a different feel to it - more real. Does that make sense? You're doing awesome and you're totally an inspiration to me! Go you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels more real to me this time, too. I think my focus has changed...

      Delete