Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Positive Progress

 
I can't believe the progress that I have had this week. I think it has been the most successful week I have had in a long time.
I have gone for a walk 4 out of 5 days since I started tracking! The last 3 days I have walked in the morning and either walked or done Zumba at night. It is hard to believe that I could stay on track and motivated like I am (sad to say since it hasn't been that long). I guess having a goal in mind that is not just weight related is a lot more motivating than I thought. I know I will be able to run the 5K by August 17. Nothing will stop  me.
 Even though my main goal is not a weight loss goal, I am still keeping track because I do have a goal to lose weight as well. So far I am down 3 pounds this week. That is pretty dang exciting for me. I can't remember the last time I could say that I was down that much.
I realized yesterday how bad my self talk was when taking a shower and realizing where I have gained the most weight. For the first time that I can remember, I turned that negative self talk to positive talk. I told myself that it will change. I told myself that as long as I keep doing what I am doing, I will not only be skinner, I will have a runner's body. I know that is possible. It may take a while, but it will happen.

1 comment: