Quote

I failed again and again and again and that's why I am successful. - Michael Jordan

Sunday, June 9, 2013

More Energy, Less Weight

I am doing better than I had expected. I have more energy, I am getting faster, and I weigh less. Who could ask for more?
I was really worried that when going without caffeine, I would struggle with having the energy to get though the work day. I did struggle for the first few days but once I got past the first 4 or 5 days, it got easier. Yesterday, I went to Villiage Inn with my husband, and I ordered lemonade instead of my favorite, Dr. Pepper. I was so proud of myself.
I have completed the first week of my Zombie runs. I was shocked to see that I was actually getting faster even though I felt like I was taking it a bit too easy. The work outs will be a little tougher this week. I actually and excited to find out my next adventure.
Weight has been a struggle for me for quite a while. I have gained almost as much weight in the last year than I did my last two pregnancies combined. I am happy to say, I am breaking that trend. I am down one more pound this week making my total for two weeks four pounds of weight loss. It feels great! I am out of the 190's, and I am excited to see how low I can go this week.

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how excited I am for you!! This is so awesome!!! I bet you feel so fantastic! :)

    I've been doing Jazzercise for a week and a half, now... I wish I would've measured because I feel a loss in inches, but the scale's not budging. Of course, I haven't done anything about my eating, so that's going to change.

    Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Jazzercise. Do you notice a difference in how you feel?
      Honestly I didn't expect to be doing so well this quickly, but I am glad that I am. It is very motivating!

      Delete
  2. My mom used Jazzercise to lose her weight after having babies. We loved doing it with her. I was excited to learn there was one, here! I do notice a difference in how I feel. The first day I went I about cried because I felt so good just moving and doing something so good for myself. I'm finally seeing a difference on the scale - we had been eating out a LOT since I started and I think that had a HUGE effect on why I wasn't losing weight. But, we've stopped that, now, because Matt and I are both wanting to lose weight. Also, I was on my period, so that had an effect, I'm sure. I was down four pounds, this morning from Friday, so I'm hoping that keeps up. :) I also forget to drink a lot of water. One thing I've noticed about people who've lost a ton of weight is they're always drinking water. Always. So, I need to do that. I want to get a water bottle I can keep with me all the time. I've noticed that's what these people do, too, so they always can and remember to do it.

    Go us!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a water bottle at work that I fill with ice water 3 or 4 times a day. You can get cheap ones just about anywhere. The one I am using right now is from Family Dollar.

      Delete